HEALTH INCENTIVE Money – Up to $720 a Year
Earn Your Incentives – It Makes Dollars and Sense
Due to the COVID-19 situation the qualifications for the healthcare incentives for the upcoming plan year that begins in July 2020 have changed. Here is how the incentives will work for the next two years.
Tobacco-Free Incentive: This will continue to operate as in prior years. If you (and spouse if you are enrolled in the family health plan) don’t use tobacco sign the attestation form and submit it by May 1, 2020. You will receive the incentive for the time period July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021. Your doctor is not attesting to your smoking status and does not need to sign the form.
Annual Physical: For persons who received a physical and qualified for the related incentive in the current year (through June 30, 2020) you will be granted a one-year extension of the incentive and will receive it from July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021. You will need to have another physical and submit the form prior to April 30, 2021 in order to receive the benefit beginning July 1, 2021. For persons who do not presently receive an incentive for having completed a physical but wish to earn such an incentive, the following will apply:
- If you have already received a physical after May 1, 2019 or obtain one prior to April 30, 2020, submit the paperwork to the Health Benefits Office as you would normally do by April 30 and the incentive will be applied beginning July 1, 2020. The incentive will be good for 2 years through June 30, 2022 and you will need to complete your next physical and submit paperwork prior to April 30, 2022.
- If you have not yet received a physical but complete it and submit the paperwork in the months of May or June 2020 the incentive will be applied beginning August 1, 2020 and will be good through June 30, 2022 (nearly two years). You will need to complete a physical and submit the form by April 30, 2022 to qualify for the incentive beginning in July 2022.
- You may complete a physical at any time after July 1, 2020 and submit the paperwork to the Health Benefits Office and the incentive will be applied beginning the first day of the month following our receipt of the paperwork and the incentive will remain in effect until June 30, 2022. You will need to complete a physical and submit the form by April 30, 2022 to qualify for the incentive beginning in July 2022.
Remember, if you and your spouse are enrolled in family coverage, then both of you must be tobacco-free (or have enrolled in the MMO QuitLine program) and obtained a preventive care physical to receive incentives.
Click HERE for a form.
HEALTH INCENTIVE AMOUNTS
- Single coverage – $15 per month for each of the tobacco-free and preventive care physical incentives.
- Family coverage – $30 per month for each of the tobacco-free and preventive care physical incentives.
- These discounts total $360 for single coverage or $720 for family coverage in a year!
Tobacco-free is defined as not having used nicotine or nicotine products within 90 days. Tobacco or nicotine usage includes, but is not limited to: cigarettes, E-cigarettes, cigars, pipe smoking, snuff, chewing tobacco, nicotine patch, nicotine gum or other nicotine supplements.
If you are not tobacco-free an alternative standard is made available to you. Enroll in the Medical Mutual Quitline program by May 1, 2020. The Quitline program is free to eligible participants. You can enroll by calling (866) 845-7702.