HEALTH INCENTIVE Money – Up to $720 a Year
Earn Your Incentives – It Makes Dollars and Sense
Due to the COVID-19 situation the qualifications for the healthcare incentives for the upcoming plan year that begins in July 2021 have changed. Here are how the incentives will work for the 2021-2022 plan year.
Incentives for annual physicals and non-smokers as well as the contributions to health savings accounts will continue at their current levels. The spousal surcharge will also remain $650 per month.
- Annual physicals – in light of the ongoing COVID pandemic the requirement for repeating an annual physical will be waived again for the 2021/2022 plan year. Persons currently receiving the incentive will continue to do so. Persons who are NOT currently receiving the incentive may do so by completing a physical at any time and the incentive will be applied beginning in the month following the submission of the incentive form to the Health Benefits Office.
- Non-smoking incentive – similar to the process for the annual physical incentive, the requirement for submitting an attestation form will be waived for the 2021/2022 plan year. People who are on record for having achieved the incentive for the current plan year will receive the premium incentive for plan year 2021/2022. Persons who are NOT currently receiving the non-tobacco incentive will continue to pay the premium rate for tobacco users but will have the incentive applied if a non-tobacco use attestation is submitted.
- Note that we fully anticipate reinstituting the requirements for annual physical and the non-smoking attestation incentives in the period May 1, 2021 through April 30, 2022 in order to continue receiving the incentive starting in July 2022.
- Spousal surcharge waiver – an updated Working Spouse Verification form must also be received by the Health Benefits Office by May 1, 2021 for persons covering a spouse under our plans in order to avoid the spousal surcharge.
If you are not tobacco-free an alternative standard is made available to you. Enroll in the Medical Mutual Quitline program by May 1, 2021. The Quitline program is free to eligible participants. You can enroll by calling (866) 845-7702.
Click HERE for the ANNUAL PHYSICAL AND TOBACCO ATTESTATION FORM.
HEALTH INCENTIVE AMOUNTS
- Single coverage – $15 per month for each of the tobacco-free and preventive care physical incentives.
- Family coverage (with spouse) – $30 per month for each of the tobacco-free and preventive care physical incentives.
- These discounts total $360 for single coverage or $720 for family coverage in a year!